Fried Apple or Pear Rings
A delicious crispy apple or pear dessert.
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Choice Batter Baking and Frying Mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 large apples, such as Honeycrisps or Granny Smith
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 large frying pan, skillet or deep fryer
- Powdered Sugar
- Ice Cream
- Peel, core and slice the apples into 1/4 to 3/8 inch slices and set aside.
- Prepare the frying batter - Mix one cup of Choice Batter® in a bowl with 1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon of water and let stand for five minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir again and, if the batter is too thick, add one to two additional tablespoons of water and stir again.
- Preheat skillet with vegetable oil (at least 1/4 inch deep) until the oil shimmers. Or preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dip fruit into batter, coating thoroughly.
- Fry until golden brown, flipping with tongs, if necessary, to brown other side.
- Serve warm. Enjoy as is or top this delicious dessert with a sprinkle of cinnamon, powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Choice Batter http://choicebatter.com/wp/